As Cannabis gets more popular, users are looking for better, more convenient ways of consuming their marijuana. Kief butter, if you haven’t already tried it, is a super delicious way of consuming cannabis in one of its most potent forms, Kief.
Kief is the small, shiny crystals that typically fall of Cannabis. Often times, the Kief falls off during grinding. This is why most modern weed grinders have a small compartment in the bottom to collect this. Kief is considered by many to be one of the best parts of the Cannabis plant and it can be consumed by smoking, eating, and more.
Kief Butter Recipe Ingredients
Before you get started making your very own Kief butter you’ll need a few things. Fortunately, this recipe only calls for two ingredients:
- 2 Lbs of Unsalted Butter
- 3 Grams of decarboxylated Kief
You can adjust the measurements of these two ingredients to make a larger or small batch.
Kief Butter Cooking Instructions
More frequently than not, if you have kief, it probably isn’t already decarboxylated.
How to decarboxylate Kief
- Preheat the oven to 260 degrees Fahrenheit (or 127 degrees Celsius)
- Put the kief in an oven-safe container (like a Pyrex) and cover it with tinfoil.
- Allow the container to cook for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Once you have your decarboxylated kief its time to start making your kief butter
Kief Butter Directions
- Put the butter in a small saucepan and heat the pan until it is completely melted.
- Add the decarboxylated kief to the melted butter and mix until it has completely dissolved.
- Remove the mixture from the heat source
- Pour the melted kief butter into a container for freezing. Ice trays work well but make sure the ice tray is made of a material that won’t be melted from the hot butter.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
Once the butter has cooled enough for consumption it is ready. Kief butter can stay good in the freezer for several months.